What is Body Scrub?
A body scrub is basically a concoction which is used to scrub away dead skin cells from the body. It exfoliates and hydrates your skin, leaving it smooth and soft. It is a suspension of coarse granules (apricot, walnut, oatmeal, sea salt) in a semi-liquid medium or gel (often resembling the consistency of body butter or a moisturizing lotion). A body scrub is done with an abrasive material like salt, sugar, coffee grounds, rice bran, even pecan hulls, usually mixed with some kind of massage oil and an aromatic like essential oils. This is not a massage, it is a treatment. Normally, the body replaces its skin cells every 28 days or so. Helping it rid of these dead cells makes for a healthier skin.
Where Can You Get the Body Scrub?
A body scrub is generally used in a complete spa treatment, which involves the use of an exfoliating scrub and is followed by a hydrating body wrap to nourish the skin and keep it fresh and supple. In case you are not going for the beauty treatment at a spa, you can use a scrub while having your bath and exfoliate your skin.
How to Perform a Body Scrub?
- You will start face-down on a massage table that is covered with a towel, a sheet or a thin piece of plastic, or on a special wet table with a Vichy shower overhead.
- The therapist will return and start by gently rubbing the exfoliant on your back, the backs of your arms, and the backs of your legs and feet. You may be draped with a towel so only the part he/she is working on is exposed. Then you turn over and he/she does the other side.
- When the therapist is finished, you usually step into a shower to rinse off. Be sure to rinse thoroughly so you don't take little granules back to the table and you should not use shower gel. 4. When you step into the shower, the therapist will put clean sheets on the treatment table while you're showering and step out of the room again. You dry off and lie face-down on the treatment table underneath a sheet or towel. Then the therapist returns and applies body lotion or oil.
The Three Ingredients You May Use During the Body Scrub
- Exfoliant. This is a kind of abrasive material such as salt, sugar, rice bran, jojoba beads, apricot kernels, coffee grounds and so on which can help you to rub away the dead skin cells on the surface.
- Essential Oil. This oil can be used toyour skin. There are ore expensive body scrubs like Origins Salt Rub usually have more expensive oils like macadamia oil, kukui nut oil and sweet almond oil.
- Fragrance. The fragrance comes from high-quality essential oils, like the spearmint and rosemary in the Origins Salt Rub. You can use it which can make your body keep fragrance.
What are the Benefits of Body Scrub?
In general, A body scrub treatment is usually taken place in a wet room, which has a tile floor and a drain. The Body scrub has a lot of benefits the your body and skin, the following are some.
- The main benefit of a body scrub is that it cleanses the skin of dead cells which can make you feel fresh and rejuvenated.
- The scrubbing action also soothes the skin and provides some nutrients needed by the skin.
- The scrubbing action also stimulates circulation, thereby toning the skin. exfoliation revitalizes the skin by exposing the smoother new layer after the dead cells had been removed.
- A body scrub is the best way to also remove a skin tan. If your skin had become rough and has darkened due to pollution or exposure to dust, you can use a scrub to remove the rough skin layer leaving you with a soft and supple skin.