Some Skills for Becoming a Massage Therapist
From Massage Wiki
If you are considering a career as a massage therapist, here's a few tips to help you make an informed decision:
- Try to do several massages by yourself to see what technique best suits you.
- Consider the physical, mental and social aspects of the profession.
- Get in touch with another massage therapist who you trust and respect. This is an excellent way to see whether massage therapy is suitable for you.
- Interview several massage therapists. Ask them common questions to see if there are any discrepancies or concerns.
- Research the different types of massage which you have learned from school or many other massage types from the other massage therapists.
- Consider the type of massage you want to study, whether it is relaxation, Swedish massage, sports massage, deep tissue massage or a combination. This is important, because in the end you must feel comfortable with the technique you have chosen to study.
- Keep in mind, over half the trained massage therapists today have quit within a year because they did not research and feel confident with their particular technique.