Note Points and Questions for Getting a Massage
From Massage Wiki
Ten Questions You May Need to Ask for a Massage:
- Are you certified to practice massage?
- How long have you been practicing?
- What types of massage do you specialize in?
- What types of massage do you recommend for my condition?
- How many massage sessions will I need for my condition?
- What kinds of oils or lotions do you use?
- Will there be any after-effects from the massage?
- Do I need to check with my medical doctor before having massage?
- How much does a massage cost?
- Can I claim this session on my medical insurance?
Note Points for Choosing a Massage Therapist and Getting a Good Massage:
- Checking whether your massage therapist is certified or is a member of an massage organization.
- After choosing a massage therapist, try to ask if he/she can offer a free 10-minute “test” massage because you should feel comfortable and relaxed with the therapist if you want to get a real massage.
- Some massage need to disrobe, maybe you will feel embarrassed, but it is very normal. You can choose to cover your body with a sheet or blanket for modesty and warmth.
- You should tell your therapist what parts of the body need to be focused on during the massage and immediately accommodates your requests for less or more intense pressure.
- You should ask for feedback regarding the quality of touch whether it’s too hard or too gentle.