Jasmine Essential Oil
The essential oil extracted from the jasmine plant is known for its warm and exotic floral aroma. Jasminum officinalis is the botanical name of this plant but it is commonly called Jasmine. Jasmine is an evergreen plant that usually grows up to 10 meters and boasts of its gorgeous star-shaped white flowers. These flowers are picked during the night, when their fragrance is most intense. Italy, Morocco, Egypt, China, Japan and Turkey are known to best producers of the jasmine essential oil. The Indians and Chinese are said to be the most frequent users of the jasmine essential oil. This oil has proved its effectiveness in combating depression and it possesses antiseptic, antispasmodic and therapeutic properties. Jasmine essential oil has a balanced viscosity which is neither too thick nor too thin. It is deep brown in color with a tinge of gold. As compared to other essential oils, it is slightly expensive but it's definitely worth the price!
Jasmine Essential Oil Use:
- Jasmine essential oil is used in aromatherapy as it is said to be euphoric. This means it has the ability to lift your mood and makes you feel happy.
- This oil is used as an ingredient in perfumes. Jasmine has an exotic smell that appeals to a large population of people thus making it very famous as a fragrance.
- Jasmine oil can be used as a skin toner as it is known to be excellent for your epidermal layers. It brings about a shine to your skin and keeps it moisturized for a long time. It also ensures that your skin remains supple.
- If you are worried about any scar marks that got left behind by the acne then use a few drops of jasmine essential oil. Watch those ugly lines vanish in few days! For this reason, it is used in many mark-removing creams.
- You can get rid of your snoring troubles just by using jasmine essential oil. It is known to give you a sound sleep. More importantly, it let's others sleep as well! Additionally this oil helps in clearing your respiratory tract during illnesses such as cold and flu.
- The jasmine essential oil is useful in treating spasms. It provides quick liberation from spasmodic coughs, cramps, congestions, asthma, breathlessness and even spasmodic cholera. Even intestinal cramps can be relieved with the application of this oil.
- Midwives often use jasmine oil to ease contractions during childbirth. It helps expectant mothers to have an easy and normal labour.
- Jasmine essential oil is used as hair oil too. It is known to strengthen the roots of your hair making it silky and smooth. It is a good remedy for hair fall too!
- Jasmine essential oil combines with other oils such as Clary sage, Rose, Sandalwood, Grapefruit and other citrus oil which can be used in aromatherapy.
Jasmine Oil Health Benefit:
- Jasmine essential oil is antiseptic i.e. it can be used on wounds and bruises and prevent them from becoming infected. It is believed to be effective against tetanus too.
- Jasmine essential oil known for its miraculous effects on sexual problems. It evokes sexual desires and helps in improving premature ejaculation and impotency. In certain traditions, a newlywed's bed is decorated with Jasmine flowers!
- It acts an antidepressant by helping you relax after a long day's work and reduce stress levels considerably.
- When used in massage therapy, this oil is highly beneficial for women. It helps in toughening the uterine walls which in turn reduces any chance of a tumor even after menopause. Jasmine essential oil maintains a steady hormonal balance in your body making your periods a little less troublesome!