What is Facial Massage?
Facial Massage will be the most well-known and crucial anti-aging treatment. It offers a youthful look to your skin and makes it become healthier. Occasionally it also used to cut back migraine, pressure, premenstrual syndrome, headache and sinus blocking. It is the distinctive blend of facial rhythmic contouring, strain points and sculpting strokes including therapeutic touches. Furthermore, it can help the user to eliminating the dead cells of their skin.
How does Facial Massage Work?
- To begin a facial massage, the first step is to cleans the face thoroughly and remove any makeup. A good cleansing and scrubbing will exfoliate the skin, removing any dead skin cells on the face. Usually the therapist will then apply a small amount of massage lotion, moisturizer, or massage oil to the face which will be absorbed into the skin during the massage. This is important because the oil provides a slippery surface for the massage so that the fingers do not pull or stretch the skin.
- In general, pure vegetable oil or nut oil is good for facial massages. Pure vegetable oils provide great moisture to the skin and have long-lasting effects because they are absorbed by the skin more slowly without clogging pores. Different skin types will require different types of oils. Skin that is very dry will benefit the most from vegetable oils that are rich in saturated fatty acids. These are thicker oils that are absorbed more slowly and maintain moisture longer. Oily skin types need oils that contain polyunsaturated fats which are thinner oils and are quickly absorbed by the skin. Sometimes oils may not be needed at all if a client has extremely oily skin.
- Wash your hand with clean water and soap prior to massage. When the make contact with lens is dress in by the massaged individual then ask her or him to get rid of it.
Advantages of Facial Massage
- It can improve the muscle tone and facial skin. It helps make rest in eye and facial muscle tissues.
- It helps make relief from headaches, tension and facial soreness. Stimulate your facial meridian points. Make relief in eyestrain.
- It stimulates circulation, facial massage improves energy flow to the face. This brings fresh oxygen to the skin and stimulates the production of collagen.
- Facial massage may tighten the skin, reduce puffiness and may slow the onset of wrinkles.
- A regular facial massage routine may create a smoother and more radiant complexion.
A typical facial massage session doesn’t usually last longer than 20 minutes. Massage that lasts too long or too often may actually stretch or lengthen the facial muscles. Special care must be taken as well for people with sensitive skin. Sensitive skin is more easily damaged or irritated so the therapist must be careful not to exert too much pressure during the massage. Contact lenses should be removed before the procedure. Facial massage is not recommended for those who have acne, eczema or psoriasis. It should also be avoided by those who have recent scar tissue and cuts or sores on the face.