Basil Essential Oil
Often known as royal oil, basil oil is used since ages to strengthen the mind and body against various health problems. If you want a soft, smooth, beautiful and healthy body to be yours then you must try basil oil. It is usually used in aromatherapy, the oil is believed to be extremely good for curing nervous disorders. The crisp minty aroma of the oil is proven to be one of the best stress busters. Apart from its external use the oil is also used for culinary purposes. Whether using it in your diet or in aromatherapy, this is the best oil that one can go for to maintain the health of the body.
Basil Oil Uses & Health Benefits
- Basil oil is pale greenish-yellow in color with watery viscosity. It is known for its unique aroma, which is peppery in nature. Obtained from the basil plant, this oil is in great demand, all over the world, for its aromatic and healing properties.
- Basil herb had been used for medicinal purpose since ages because of its wonderful analgesic properties. It works wonders in alleviating headache. As such basil essential oil is a fabulous antidepressant and is also noted for its antibacterial and antifungal properties.
- Basil essential oil is widely used to treat nervous disorders and stress related problems like headaches and migraines. It is because of this reason basil oil is known as the natural nerve tonic, as it has the ability to stimulate your nervous system. Regular body massage with basil oil relieves fatigue and enhances your mental strength. The capability of basil oil in improving memory and sharpening the mind has been recognized by the medical community and, therefore, is used in various memory enhancing products.
- The beneficiary action of basil oil is not only limited to the nervous system, as it is extremely good in treating respiratory disorders too. Most respiratory problems like bronchitis, asthma and sinus can be effectively cured by using this oil. The usage of this oil to treat respiratory disorders is centuries old and it is still used today. Even doctors suggest this oil when patients don't respond to medicines and other treatments. It is also widely used in the treatment of nausea, vomiting, constipation, menstrual problems and cramps.
- Basil oil is used to solve many problems associated with arthritis and can also be used as a muscle relaxant. Various skin related problems can be treated by regular use of this oil. A recent study on sweet basil oil indicates that it is good in curing acne, as it is helpful in eliminating the bacteria responsible for acne breakouts.
- In aromatherapy, basil essential oil massage is given to calm down the mind and get rid of tensions. A basil oil massage is one of the most rejuvenating experiences that truly cheer the heart. The refreshing aroma of this oil is very soothing and elevates the spirit. Due to the multitude of benefits that basil essential oil offers, it is of great value to mankind.
- For those with sensitive skin, it is better to check if the oil causes itchiness and burning sensation. Because of its emmenagogue properties, the oil must be avoided during pregnancy. Though it is widely used in various treatments, excessive use of this oil may cause some or the other side effects and its use is strictly prohibited in children.